Thursday, December 12, 2013

Cilantro soup!!


I'm Sharing a family recipe today. It is a yummy soup and this weather is just perfect for it! Over 20 years ago my aunt shared it with my mom and when I was young it grossed me out because it was green but now that I'm older and have tried it. I realized I missed out on some delicious dinners!!  Not only is this soup tasty but it's so easy to make.


Soup 

2 bunches of cilantro
1 jalapeño 
1/4 onion
5 cups of milk 
2 tsp of salt or as needed


Cut stems off cilantro and jalapeño. Remove seeds from the jalapeño unless you want it spicy. You can even add more jalapeño if you like it super spicy!! ( I usually don't since my kids eat this) put cilantro, onion and jalapeño in the blender add 1/4 cup of water and liquefy. Get a pot and add a few drops of oil and sautée the cilantro mixture. Once it starts bubbling add the milk. Usually I don't rinse the blender container and measure my 5 cups there. It also helps get all the left over cilantro mixture :) After you add the milk Let it simmer and add the salt. 

You MUST eat it with homemade tortilla strips!! :) To make them just cut corn tortillas into little squares and deep fry until golden brown. As soon as you see the golden brown color in the chips remove them from the oil or else they will taste burnt or be burnt!! Put in a strainer to release the oil from them. 

Add a handful of chips to your soup,sprinkle some cheese,sit and enjoy your amazing soup!!!!! Goodnight dinner is waiting for me!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment