Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Cheap Christmas decor idea




 I bought this train last Christmas at a garage sale for $5.00 I was excited to bring it home and get it under our tree. Let's just say I walked in the house set it down and forgot about it!! :( so it never made it out of the box last Christmas. I decided to get a head start and took it out early this year and dontcha know!! It doesn't work!!!! Me and my hubby were so bummed. The hubby looked at me disappointed and said "it even had a bell" lol we were more heart broken then our kids. I still would like it to be part of our decor this year. I went to Home Depot and bought some rustoleam metallic gold paint and went at it! Now it looks amazing!! The paint cost me $4 and the train $5 for under $10 I have an awesome Christmas piece. A little paint really changes things!!!  You can try spray painting different Christmas items you thrift or score at yard sales. It really updates them and you can customize  it to fit in with your decor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment