Wednesday, October 30, 2013

BANANA BREAD RECIPE

I made some Banana Bread tonight and I have to share this recipe because it is too good to be true! I have had it for a few years now and it has been the most moist Banana Bread recipe I have ever tried!!!!!! I don't remember where I got this recipe from, all I know is that I was in a huge rush because I  didn't have time to right down the instructions properly so I just numbered the ingredients  in order of how they are to be mixed in and my pen was not working when I was jotting it down so the last ingredients were written very faint. It was a huge mess the 2nd time I attempted to make this recipe. BUT! I like a challenge, especially when the outcome is delicious and now that I have made it more frequently I have it memorized. So I don't struggle as much as before!
I figured I should share it so I could edit it since NOBODY would understand the recipe in its current state! so here it is! 

Banana Bread

  • 4-5 Bananas 
  • 1/2 cup of shortening (yeah its not healthy but hey you wont eat banana bread everyday...i hope)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups of flour 
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt 
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  •  Nuts (optional)


preheat oven to 350 degrees
mix shortening,sugar and eggs together.  Then add the bananas and vanilla the shortening mixture. In a separate bowl mix flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt . Then slowly add the flour mix into banana mixture. add nuts if you would like.  Then lightly grease bread pan and bake at 350 for about 45 min or until middle is cooked through. I usually split the mixture in half so they can cook faster (25min) but that's up to you! (you can also make this recipe into cupcakes or cake)

I don't have a picture of the bread since it was devoured in minutes!  but you all know what Banana bread looks like!!! they all look the same but not all taste the same!!! I hope you like this one!!! If not please share your favorite!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment